Full-Time SA Veterinarian, Hope Island, GOLD COAST
New or Recent Graduate & ready for a change?
Seeking a 4 day week & no A/H?
Easy access to the beaches, hinterland, Brisbane & the Gold Coast?
Want an extra week of leave to work on your pet project or a paid trip home each year?
Our 3 vet, small animal, independently owned, well equipped veterinary practice has lots of toys and a great team. With a belief in work-life balance, we are a small animal practice focused on providing excellent patient care and outstanding client service.
Our 2 senior vets have nurtured graduates to various roles including specialty surgery, practice ownership and wildlife medicine but a long term relationship is sought with the successful candidate.
Our clients are well educated on the importance of pet care and are proactive in seeking the best for their pets, allowing our vets to practice high quality medicine and surgery. A visiting specialist surgeon attends the practice when required providing a variety of cases.
• Examine pets to diagnose their health problems and recommend best practice treatment
• Consult with clients regarding preventive care for their pets
• Soft tissue & Dental surgery
• The willingness & ability to constantly develop skills for ongoing improvement of you as an individual clinician and for the practice as a whole
• A strong interest in dentistry and the understanding of the benefits of good dental hygiene will be highly regarded (we will train you if required)
• You’re a highly motivated team player willing to continue your education and educate others
• You aim to treat each pet as your own to a level of gold standard care
• You understand that attention to detail and documentation is as essential as great diagnostic skill
• Paid at above award rates
• 4 weeks annual leave, 1 weeks paid study leave (& approved course paid)
• Name your reward per annum – an extra paid week to volunteer? OR we’ll pay your flight back home? Let’s discuss your passion and how we can help
• Includes coffee, frequent cakes & biscuits, a café across the road, and there is childcare on the opposite corner – lets discuss how we can make this position work for you!
We are a fun and relaxed team who enjoy working together, we love animals and we love our clients too! If you’re the right person for our practice, we’d love to have you on board too!
To apply, please prepare a cover letter specifically highlighting why you think that this is an ideal role for you together with a fully up to date resume and email to email@example.com with the subject line “Talented Veterinarian”